Foresight + Insight = Delight
She doesn’t wear a cape and her vision is not X-ray … but it is always creative. Event planner Janet Hoppenstein is known for superhuman feats and accomplishing the seemingly impossible. Centrally based in Dallas-Fort Worth, she has managed diverse events across the U.S. and internationally, including Australia and Singapore. Regardless of the meeting or event type, know that your attendees will be amazed and at ease, and rave about their experiences.
For event organizers, the process is remarkably seamless and stress-free. Janet asks a lot of questions upfront. She knows what’s negotiable, what isn’t and why. She anticipates needs and sees opportunities that others miss. And, Janet knows when to push back on behalf of clients, whether dealing with venues, vendors or unions.
Janet has 25 years in the meeting planning industry and she brings this experience and knowledge to every project. Her vast array of events include:
Corporate events – Production and on-site management of global user conferences, global sales conferences, sales incentive trips and executive meetings. These include complete management at the event venue as well as off-site events at ancillary venues with transportation and entertainment.
Trade Shows – Janet’s background and services encompass all facets of the trade show industry:
- Partner and sponsor showcases – run concurrently with corporate meetings
- Trade show management – former director of the Dallas International Boat Show and the Dallas Fishing, Hunting and Outdoors Show
- Trade show general contractor – in four years with GES, a global GC, she adeptly handled trade shows with 300-10,000 attendees.
Venue sourcing and contract negotiations – Established relationships with numerous hotel groups and convention and visitor bureaus equip Janet to find the hotel or off-site venue ideally suited to your event. Extensive planning experience and knowledge of the industry lead to a mutually beneficial contract that sets the stage for an immensely successful event.
A rare combination of imagination, efficiency and business acumen
What to expect working with Janet as your event planner:
- A creative thinker with novel ideas and new twists
- Consistently spectacular visuals – the “Wow!” factor
- Expert guidance planning and preparing for trade shows
- A master at maximizing impact from any budget
- Recommendations of top-notch, vetted professionals
- A meticulous eye for detail in arrangements and contracts
- A gift for enhancing the experience and making it unique
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Superior execution and extreme efficiency
- Expertise and insider knowledge that save money
Invaluable connections to your advantage
Janet’s superb planning skills and professionalism have earned ALTB a sterling reputation in the industry and preference as a partner. This translates to greater negotiating power on the client’s behalf. Beyond favorable pricing, Janet regularly secures extras to sweeten the deal. The power of her global connections and track record with hotel providers can also tip the scales when multiple events are vying for the same property.
Certifications and Industry Affiliations
Certified Meeting Professional (CMP)
– Designation originally earned over 20 years ago and continuously maintained.
– Recertified every five years through work in the industry and continuing education credits.
– Ensures that Janet stays current in contract negotiations, industry trends, technology, safety and the latest ideas in meeting management.
Society of Incentive Travel Excellence (SITE) – Professional Member
Professional Conference Management Association (PCMA) – Professional Member
To find out what clients have to say about their experiences working with Janet and the memorable experiences she creates, check out these reviews.
Discover what Janet can do to make your next event high-impact and low-stress. Contact her today!